Recipes for the 2017 2018 school year
Please write down the entire recipe ( measurement amounts, ingredients and directions)
Chocolate dipping lab Friday May 11, 2018
Students will participate in a fun lab, where they will melt chocolate and dip various items into chocolate. Students should bring in items for dipping, here are some suggestions:
Pretzel rods, oreos, rice krispy treats, strawberries, jumbo marshmallows
(Chocolate and treat bags will be provided by Chef Walker)
Recipe for Thursday May 10, 2018
Best Big, Fat, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie
Prep 10 m Cook 15 m Ready In 40 m
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Recipe for Tuesday May 8, 2018
- One 3.9-ounce package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips, for garnish
- In a large bowl, stir together the pudding mix with the milk until very thick.
- In another large bowl, beat the heavy cream with the sugar and vanilla using an electric hand mixer until soft peaks form. Reserve 1/4 cup for garnish.
- Stir one-third of the whipped cream into the pudding to lighten it. Fold the remaining whipped cream gently into the pudding. Spoon into dessert glasses and refrigerate until ready to serve. Mousse can be made ahead up to 4 hours in advance. When ready to serve, top each with a small dollop of the reserved whipped cream.
Recipe for Friday April 4, 2018
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, cut into julienne
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into julienne
- 2 cups sugar snap peas
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth (1 bullion cube for 8 oz of water)
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
In a bowl mix the chicken strips with the 1 teaspoon of onion powder, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1 teaspoon of pepper,1/2 teaspoon of salt and half of the soy sauce. Mix and let the chicken marinate for until it is time for it to cook.
Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1/2 of the oil. Add onions, carrots, and peppers and cook 1 minute. Add snap peas, and broccoli and cook 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Remove veggies and set aside. Add chicken and cook 3 to 6 minutes, until starting to brown, stirring constantly. Return veggies to the wok with the chicken.
Dissolve bullion cube in 8 oz cold water, heat.
Dissolve cornstarch in chicken broth in a small bowl add the other half of the soy sauce. pour into wok. Simmer 2 minutes, until sauce thickens. Serve over rice.
1 cup of rice
2 cups of water
pinch of salt
Place rice in a small pot. Cover with water stir, then drain water. Repeat the rinsing process three times. After the third rinse, place 2 cups of water in the pot with the rice. Place over medium high heat and bring to a boil. Let it boil for 3 minutes uncovered. After 3 minutes, turn the heat down, cover and let cook for 15 minutes. (do not open lid before the 15 minutes has passed) After 15 minutes, remove from heat and fluff with a fork.
Recipe for Thursday May 3,2018
Spaghetti and Meat sauce
place cold water in pot with two pinches of salt bring to a boil. Add noodles, cook for 11 minutes. Drain. Mix 1 capful of olive oil with noodles.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 ½ cups of tomato sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt (stir in half with the meat, the other half add to the sauce)
- 1 teaspoon pepper (stir in half with the meat, the other half add to the sauce)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder(stir in half with the meat, the other half add to the sauce)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder(stir in half with the meat, the other half add to the sauce)
- 1. Saute onion, garlic, green pepper in a large saucepan cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove veggies. Put ground beef in pan, cook and stir until meat is brown. Drain grease. Return veggies to pan.
- 2. Stir in tomato sauce, into the pan. Season with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Simmer spaghetti sauce for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Recipe for Tuesday May 1, 2018
Prep 5 m
Cook 25 m
Ready In 30 m
- 4 large baking potatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Drizzle potatoes with oil toss with black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, rosemary and salt.
- Place the potatoes on a sheet pan and reserve liquid. Bake for 25 min.
Recipe for Friday April 27, 2018
Quick Easy French Toast
Serves: Makes 6 servings.
1 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon, Ground
1/2 cup milk
8 slices bread
- Beat egg, vanilla and cinnamon in shallow dish. Stir in milk.
- Dip bread in egg mixture, turning to coat both sides evenly.
- Cook bread slices on lightly greased nonstick griddle or skillet on medium heat until browned on both sides.
Recipe for Thursday April 26, 2018
Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Easy Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Prep 5 m
- Cook 10 m
- Ready In 15 m
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the center, and pour in milk, egg and oil. Mix until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Once bubbles form around the edge of pancake, sprinkle in a small amount of chocolate chips, flip and brown the other side, about a 2 minutes. serve hot.
Recipe for Tuesday April 24, 2018
Potato Hash with Bell Peppers and Onions
Yield: Serves 5-6
Ingredients:2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
4 large or 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into ½” cubes
1 onion, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
2 tsp. dried parsley
3 garlic cloves, minced
Salt and pepper, to taste
Directions:Preheat the oil and butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes, toss to coat with oil, and place a lid on the pan. Allow the potatoes to cook covered for 10 minutes.
Remove the lid and increase the heat to medium high. Add onion and bell pepper. Cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes and vegetables turn golden brown.
Add the parsley and garlic; cook for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, serve immediately.